Landfill Prohibited Items
Following is a list of the Twin Oaks Landfill prohibited waste items:
- (Friable) regulated asbestos containing material (RACM).
- (Non-friable) non-regulated asbestos containing material from commercial haulers.
- Liquid waste and waste found to contain free liquids as determined by the "paint filter test" required by TCEQ.
- Lead acid batteries.
- Fluorescent light ballasts, capacitors, and mercury vapor lamps from commercial haulers.
- Compressed gas containers which have not been punctured.
- Barrels over 5 gallons which have not had the top removed.
- Hazardous waste as listed in 40 CFR 261 (federal legislation).
- Characteristic hazardous waste as determined by EPA tests which determine ignitability, corrosivity, reactivity, or toxicity.
- Non-household size chemical containers that have not been triple-rinsed.
- Used oil (can recycle on site).
- Used oil filters (can recycle on site).
- Class I industrial waste.
- Liquid paints.
- Medical waste that is not properly treated, prepared, and handled according to Subchapter Y of the Texas Municipal Solid Waste Code which covers medical waste management (30 TAC dd 330.1001-330.1009).
- Computer monitors, printers and CPU's from commercial haulers.
- Any special waste which does not have previous approval from the landfill operator or environmental compliance officer, nor a special waste form on file.
If you have any questions about these or any other waste contact the Environmental Compliance Officer for BVSWMA at 979-764-3805.